Tuesday, November 28, 2006

SNOW DAY!!

I haven't had a snow day I've remembered in forever. I love that the lower mainland gets immobilized by a hint of snow. Well, it wasn't a hint everywhere... but Vancouver wasn't hit too hard. Most schools were open - the only reason we closed was because we had a power outage. I came to campus Sunday night, figuring that if things did keep getting worse, I'd rather get snowed in on campus than at my place. Buses are ridiculous; most routes are closed since parts of the main roads have been closed. There is one point that buses will venture to campus, and that is at the northern gates, a very very very long walk from anywhere. Also the opposite side of campus from my house.

So I'm stuck here; we had an in day. There were many people playing trivial pursuit, as their papers were all on computers and, being electricity-dependent students, there weren't many of us that had any work we COULD do. I did, so I worked a bit on O-chem. It was a little cold, but we had blankets and the power came on around 3 in the afternoon. Then we had coffee and enjoyed our day off.

I only missed one class, but there was a quiz. So ... I would much rather miss a day like tomorrow, when I have almost all of my classes. My only chance is if somehow the snow melts a bit, and then freezes with the forecasted temperatures. It's supposed to be very cold, so as much as I want to wish everyone in the lower mainland safety, I hope that the entire translink system is shut down. That is the only way my stingy school will cancel classes, unless we lose power again. Of course, it's probably bad to want to miss my classes tomorrow... we only have a week left and they're not easy. But I can't help it. It's Christmas time, and I want to enjoy some snow and relax with a holiday smile. Forget school. It's all about the love.

The view from our friend's building on the 15th floor of the tower.

No comments: