Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Can't say anything worthwhile

I've been putting off writing until I could say something significant about Kim, but I can't get to that point. Her memorial is today, and I'm going to be singing with my brother and sister-in-law. What happened, briefly, is here. My parents have been "sharing memories" all the past few days I've been home, and I realize they're also struggling - but I just want some space. Sometimes you're not ready for the memory sharing. Today's going to be an emotional day and It feels like I've got this lead weight in my gut.

One of my favourite memories is documented here. My brother and I were playing at EA, a coffeeshop in Langley. My bro surprised Kim by forcing her to get up on stage and play some of her own stuff. Brave girl she is, she did it. She was always taking opportunities and meeting obstacles head on, with a big laugh.

1 comment:

Angella said...

Hi Tricia...sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you! God bless.